Saturday, June 30, 2012

Famous Abraham Lincoln Quotes On Civil War, Slavery



 
" A house divided against itself cannot stand. " 


- Abraham Lincoln



" As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.  "

- Abraham Lincoln



" I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. "

- Abraham Lincoln


" I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. "

- Abraham Lincoln




" I have always hated slavery,I think as much as any Abolitionist.  "


- Abraham Lincoln Slavery Quote
( July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago )



" It is easy to see that, under the sharp discipline of civil war, the nation is beginning a new life.  "


- Abraham Lincoln On Civil War
( December 8, 1863 Message to Congress )



" Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure."


- Abraham Lincoln On Civil War
( November 19, 1863 Gettysburg Address )
 

" It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced.  "


- Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address Quote



ShareThis

Popular Posts