Tuesday, June 18, 2013

20 Best Short Quotes By Albert Camus

Albert Camus was best known as  Nobel Prize winning author, journalist, and philosopher. His views contributed to the rise of the philosophy known as absurdism. He was awarded  Nobel Prize for Literature for his important literary production, which with clear-sighted earnestness illuminates the problems of the human conscience.


“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” 
― Albert Camus


“You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”
― Albert Camus


“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” 
― Albert Camus


“Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is.” 
― Albert Camus


“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.” 
― Albert Camus


“Live to the point of tears.” 
― Albert Camus


“Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?” 
― Albert Camus


“You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.” 
― Albert Camus, The Fall


“Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present.” 
― Albert Camus, Notebooks 1935-1942


“There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for.” 
― Albert Camus


“Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.” 
― Albert Camus


“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” 
― Albert Camus


“But in the end one needs more courage to live than to kill himself.” 
― Albert Camus


“An intellectual? Yes. And never deny it. An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself. I like this, because I am happy to be both halves, the watcher and the watched. "Can they be brought together?" This is a practical question. We must get down to it. "I despise intelligence" really means: "I cannot bear my doubts.” 
― Albert Camus


“To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” 
― Albert Camus


“The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself.” 
― Albert Camus


“At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman.” 
― Albert Camus


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” 
― Albert Camus


“Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth.” 
― Albert Camus


“Do not wait for the last judgment. It comes every day.” 
― Albert Camus

ShareThis

Popular Posts